Yep – you read it right – Disney are trialling a paid for FastPass+ service, giving Club level members the opportunity to buy up to 3 new FastPass+ options every single day and a few extra benefits.
The trial began on January 12 and allows guests staying in eligible rooms at Walt Disney World hotels the option to purchase the extra FastPasses and added benefits – but at over $50 per person per day, the cost soon adds up.
We’re also not sure if it is really worth the extra $50, but some of the benefits might swing us, especially being able to reserve the FastPass+ selections in advance for more than 1 theme park. Here’s the full benefits:
What do you get?
- 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. (3-day minimum purchase required.)
- Ability to reserve the extra 3 additional FastPass+ selections in more than 1 theme park. (With a valid Park Hopper ticket.)
- A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for the 3 extra FastPass+ selections.
- The ability to book the extra 3 options at multiple top-tier attractions. (Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction in the same day.)
- 1 preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars per day.
Who can add this extra currently?
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Cabins / Bungalows:
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows
Presidential, Governor & Parlor Suites and Premium Alcove Rooms:
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels
Do we keep our current FastPass allowance?
Yes. If you have your valid park admission ticket, you’ll continue to receive your normal FastPass+ benefits, so you’ll keep your normal 3 FastPass+ options. This simply adds another 3 on to your account.
Is it going to be rolled out to other people?
There’s been no word on this yet – but given that it’s a trial period with club rooms, we predict that it’ll eventually be rolled out, given that it works.